[Pythonmac-SIG] Gordon McMillan's installer question for the Mac

Python Development dev_python at impactdev.com
Fri Aug 29 19:13:24 EDT 2003

Hi,

Currently in our PC product, the Gordon McMillan wrapper is ran within
a thread, while the other thread runs the UI.  On the Mac, we had some
problems with that, so we are thinking of having the UI in one process,
while the wrapper app is running along side as a second process.  So on
the PC there is one process running two threads, and on the Mac their
will be two processes running each one thread and communicating between
each process other with unix sockets on the local machine.  But before
we went any further in the design work and time,  I am checking here
to see if it is going to be possible or if others have tried but failed
a two process approach.

I have asked Gordon McMillan, but he has not done anything with the Mac
since OS 8/9.  Our current product is for OS X, with an objective-C UI.
  And just so you know, I am having to go this way because this is an
80% PC market solution.

Thank you for your time,

Randy