[Pythonmac-SIG] AppleEvents in MacPython 2.3?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon Aug 11 15:29:13 EDT 2003

Try aeve .. from http://undefined.org/python/

import aeve
textedit = aeve.talkto('/Applications/TextEdit.app')
print textedit.documents[0].text

Currently, I think aeve just coerces text to a python string and
doesn't give you access to asking for paragraph/word/etc.  I'll
probably change that in the future.

-bob

The only reason the "word" stuff works is because AppleScript handles
that stuff internally