[Pythonmac-SIG] Documentation install prob

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Fri Aug 8 11:36:01 EDT 2003

On Friday, Aug 8, 2003, at 00:13 Europe/Amsterdam, Arthur Elsenaar
wrote:

> hi,
>
> when I try to overwrite my previous documentation with PM, it
> downloads fine, but then says:
>
> (FrameworkBuild): This package needs to be installed manually (no
> Download-URL field)
>
> It didn't say so using one of the recent beta's..

Did you set the "Force Install" flag, as you seem to indicate from the
use of overwrite?

If so, then this is a known bug. The force-install bit is applied
recursively to all dependency packages, hence PM tries to install
FrameworkBuild too, but fails at this as it is a pseudo-package.
Goldman