[Pythonmac-SIG] Has anyone running vtk+python on OSX?

Robb Brown brownr at ucalgary.ca
Fri Aug 1 17:12:28 EDT 2003

I noticed the problem back when 2.3 first appeared in CVS... I'm
kicking myself for not bugging the VTK guys to make it work then.

VTK does run on Windows.  I wonder if we can use their Windows tricks.
Maybe they've all broken too though.

Unfortunately it sounds like all those would require some major
tinkering with VTK (which has to be done eventually).  I wonder if VTK
is planning to move over to Cable wrapping, and when.  Also, this would
be a lot easier if somebody who knows the guts of VTK building and
wrapping would help out.  I posted a message to the VTK mailing list,
but it's been absolutely dead today.

Thanks for the info about packages, by the way.  I'm going on vacation
for a week so I won't have the chance to play, but I'll give it a try
when I get back.  If things go well, I'll write a tutorial!