[Pythonmac-SIG] Package suggestions

Morten Bagai mbagai at arslegal.com
Fri Aug 1 15:49:03 EDT 2003

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to Python and to this group as well. I've got the latest
MacPython OS X running, and I must say it is looking pretty awesome. I
really like the idea of the PackageManager as well, and wanted to
suggest a few packages I'd like to see in there. I hope this is the
right forum for it. Here goes:

1. python-mysql

For whatever reason - maybe just newbie confusion - I've had trouble
getting this to work with previous versions of Unix Python I had
installed through fink and the built-in version

2. pyXML

It would just be really sweet to have all those XML tools install just
like that :)

Unfortunately, I've got a ways to go before I'd be able to embark on
creating packages myself, so I am hoping someone here is able to pick
up the gauntlet.

Thanks!

Morten