[Pythonmac-SIG] Organizing the MacPython website

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 23:34:06 +0200

On dinsdag, apr 22, 2003, at 21:03 Europe/Amsterdam, Skip Montanaro
wrote:

> Just noticed this thread.  The marketing-python@wingide.com and
> might
> be germane to a MacPython website (and vice versa).  Might be worth
> making a
> connection.

I'm on those lists, so I'm following that. I hope that the result of
those
threads will be that there's less that needs to be addressed on the
MacPython
pages.

But the problem remains that MacPython is, to a lot of end users, a
completely
different beast than the average unix Python. And I specifically want to
cater for that crowd: people with no unix background, no intention to
learn
that (yet:-). If we want to convert people from AppleScript or RealBasic
we shouldn't first let them take the hurdle of learning Unix.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -