[Pythonmac-SIG] sys.path for MacPython 2.3 - next set of questions

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:34:21 +0200

On Wednesday, Apr 16, 2003, at 01:05 Europe/Amsterdam, Just van Rossum
wrote:

> Chris Barker wrote:

>>> Not anymore in 2.3.
>>
>> So what does 2.3 do with directories on PYTHONPATH that don't exist?
>
> Nothing, it leaves them in. The idea is that there may be importer
> objects on sys.path_hooks that can handle them (see PEP 302).

This may be true for items from PYTHONPATH, but not for site-packages.
The code says
         for sitedir in sitedirs:
             if os.path.isdir(sitedir):
                 addsitedir(sitedir)