[Pythonmac-SIG] Communicating With Apple

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:54:56 +0100

Nick Matsakis <matsakis@mit.edu> writes:

> On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Jack Jansen wrote:
>
>> On the version Apple includes in Panther: the big issue here is timing.
>> ... Expect Panther to contain the Python that was current about half a
>> year before Panther goes final (note: the "half a year" is purely
>> guesswork, but that's the ballpark). That probably means that it will be
>> 2.2.2:-(
>
> So, will this be a vanilla unix python, or Macpython 2.2.2? In other
> words, would the Carbon/Mac modules be included?

I *think* the diffuculty is that Python is considered to be part of
Darwin, and so doesn't "see" the Mac side of things... hard to compile
_Res.c when there's no Carbon.framework.

I could be wrong, and would dearly like to be...

Cheers,
M.

--
  SPIDER:  'Scuse me. [scuttles off]