[Pythonmac-SIG] Communicating With Apple

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:46:02 +0100

Bob Ippolito <bob@redivi.com> writes:

> On Tuesday, Apr 15, 2003, at 17:14 America/New_York, Jack Jansen wrote:
>
>> On the other issues Bob raised:
>> - readline is always going to be a problem, because of it's GPL
>> license.
>> Check the archives for details.
>
> Can we go ahead and include something like pyrepl
> (http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/hacks/pyrepl.html) instead?

pyrepl is not sufficiently mature to inflict on people who don't
expect it :-) Actually, I should get off my arse and do a new release
soon -- what's in CVS is somewhat better than the last release -- and
then finally check in the unicode support.

Thanks for the plug, though :-)

> Or hack in libedit support instead (non-mac python could benefit
> from this as well)?

This has been suggested before -- I believe the phrase "patches
welcome", you'll no doubt be surprised to hear...

Cheers,
M.

--
  > You're already using asyncore so you can't really be worried
  > about complexity <wink>.
(-8  .helps which, demand on backwards work to brain my rewired I've
                                      -- Jeremy Hylton & Richie Hindle