[Pythonmac-SIG] Working with Bundlebuilder.py

Kevin Ollivier kevino@tulane.edu
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 14:07:54 -0700

Hi Justin,

Aha! I actually do need PyXML, but this tip helped me to find the
problem. When I unzipped the Modules.zip inside the Resources folder of
my .app bundle, and checked inside the _xmlplus package, I noticed that
the .so files (pyexpat.so and sgmlop.so) were missing from
Resources/_xmlplus/parsers. When I copied them into
Resources/_xmlplus/parsers, it solved the problem!

It seems that when you include a package, it basically appends each
submodule in the package to the importModules list, is this correct? It
may be worth having it do a straight copy of the entire package
instead, as in this case it missed some supporting files. Would there
be any problems with using this approach?

Thanks for your help!

Kevin