[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem installing a module

Robin Siebler Robin.Siebler@palmsource.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:39:13 -0700

I downloaded a logging module for Python and uncompressed it.  The icon =
for all of the .py files in the folder is a blank document icon.  Get =
info for the .py files show they will be handled by the Python =
Interpreter.  However, if I double-click on setup.py, I get the =
following error message: "This is not a script.  It is probably an =
auxiliary Python file such as an application template or a preference =
file."  Obviously, this is a bogus error message.  How do I fix this?  I =
can install it just fine using the command-line version of Python, but I =
need it for the GUI version.

Robin L. Siebler
Software Test Engineer
Palm
Ned Flanders: A rude Frenchman! Why I never.