[Pythonmac-SIG] IDE Goes crazy..

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:56:27 +0200

Chris Lee wrote:

> I'm sorry to be a pain but I just had a loverly thing happen to me
> I've been using the Python IDE all day with it going fine.
> I decide I want to insert a progress status dialog into my program
> (since I am trying something stupid and want feedback on how stupid it
> is).  When I choose to browse the easy dialog module from the module
> browser I get a vast output which is pasted below.
>
> I quit the python IDE and tried to restart but all I get is a
> <<terminated>> output window.  I ran configureCarbon again and that got
> the IDE back but the module browser still goes crazy but only on esy
> dialogs (I haven't checked all the other modules though)
> Is this a known issue?
> What is the work around?

Ugh, I see what's happening :-(.

I'll have to have a good look at this, so for now I'll simply file a bug report
and assign it to myself.

It's fairly easy to make it not trace back, but that doesn't solve the problem.
It has to do with the fact that a ListManager list can only contain 32kb of
data, and when you add more, it overwrites other pieces of data.

Just