[Pythonmac-SIG] Fast way to get a list of unique values?

Bob Ippolito bob@redivi.com
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 17:03:07 -0400

The only ways I know of doing this in python are to use a for loop..
either creating a dictionary with keys set to those values, or sorting
the list and making the new list from the first time you see a
particular element.  Unless I'm mistaken, trying to hack it out any
other way (without breaking out a C compiler) would be much slower.

-bob