[Pythonmac-SIG] Python in Jaguar is where?

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
18 Oct 2002 16:26:41 +0100

Walt Ludwick <walt@algarvistas.net> writes:

> But (now i feel really stupid confessing this, but still...), in the
> current System folder, i cannot see any /usr/bin/python path at all.
> Besides some "kext installer folder" which appears empty, the only
> subfolder that i see in the current system is "/Library" - which as i
> said contains libraries for Perl, PHP, Tcl, etc., but nothing for
> Python.

As shipped by Apple, python is very much part of the unix personality
of Jaguar.  So fire up Terminal.app and type "python".  You don't need
root privileges for this.

There are ways of getting a more GUI experience, but I'm not really
the person to give the best advice in this area.

Cheers,
M.

--
  One of the great skills in using any language is knowing what not
  to use, what not to say.  ... There's that simplicity thing again.