[Pythonmac-SIG] ok, i am stumped!

kevin parks kp87@lycos.com
Sat, 05 Oct 2002 15:38:53 -0400

Thanks for your reply. I sent a message right after that first one that is being held up for verification which more or less restates my question, without my bonehead typos. I did indeed catch those typos thanx to Just but what i really want to know is why i have to type % ./foo.py
and not just % foo.py? Especially if i am in a directory that is
included in my path.

[snowcat:~] kevin% ./foo.py
hello kevin
[snowcat:~] kevin%  foo.py
foo.py: Command not found.
[snowcat:~] kevin%

Have i forgotten that much UNIX?

Though i did finally figure out *some* of what was going wrong with my path additions. It turns out that the files which used to be in /usr/share/init/tcsh in OS X 10.0 are now found in: /usr/share/tcsh/examples/

SO you sort of have to start setting up your tcsh stuff
again.

still i thought that in UNIX if you had

setenv PATH "~/bin:/Users/kevin:${PATH}"
in ~/Library/init/tcsh/environment.mine

you would be able to just type the name of the file
as an executable (did the chmond thing and all that)

-kp--

Watch a championship game with Elway or McGwire.
Enter Now at http://champions.lycos.com