[Pythonmac-SIG] Error trying to run extension

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:13:48 +0100

On Tuesday, Nov 19, 2002, at 00:58 Europe/Amsterdam, Kevin Ollivier
wrote:

> I've been working on building wxPython for MacPython 2.2.2 using
> distutils, and I have got the software building without errors. The
> libraries are created, and all the necessary files are put into
> Applications/MacPython 2.2.2/Lib/site-packages/wxPython. However, when
> I try to run a wxPython script, I get the following message:
>
> "Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions
> detected."

First thing to do is to find out who produces this error message. It
doesn't occur in the MacPython sources, so my guess would be that it's
either wxWindows (which would suggest that it has a version number in
it's .h files or so, and that this version number is compared to the
runtime version number in the library) or wxPython. Next I would
suggest printing the two version numbers, if possible, that might give
some insight.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -