[Pythonmac-SIG] Question about plans for Python 2.3

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 22:04:03 +0100

On donderdag, nov 7, 2002, at 20:02 Europe/Amsterdam, Russell E Owen
wrote:

> After various trials with trying to get 2.2.2 built to talk to aqua
> Tk, I have a question about plans for 2.3.
>
> I assume 2.3 will be able to work with aqua Tk. If so...can one
> installation (i.e. one interpreter) be used both for that purpose and
> also for other typical Python development? It seems as if 2.2.2 may
> want a copy in /Library/Frameworks/... for aqua Tk development and
> somehow may want another copy in /usr/local/bin for normal unix-ey
> stuff. Naah, that can't be right.

The framework Python can be used for normal unix-type development work.
Simply put a symlink to /Library/Frameworks/..../bin/python into, say,
/usr/local/bin/python.

In 2.2.2 some key parts may be missing, though. Let me know if things
don't work, they should be easy enough to backport from 2.3.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -