[Pythonmac-SIG] New Python IDE for OS X

Bob Ippolito bob@redivi.com
Sat, 11 May 2002 15:09:44 -0400

I'm 99% sure that it does run *natively* in OS X.  The caveat is that
it's developed using a bunch of CodeWarrior/Carbon specific stuff and
doesn't look like it's going to make it into machopython anytime soon
(possibly anytime at all).

Of course, you could always use MacPython for your IDE and Machopython
to typically run your apps.. but jesus, is vim, emacs, and project
builder not enough choices for you people?  sheesh :)

Running in Classic mode is nearly as native as running in XDarwin,
IMHO.  Needless to say, I don't really like running in either..  Well, I
do run remote stuff w/ XDarwin.

-bob