[Pythonmac-SIG] Is MacPython the right tool for me?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Wed, 1 May 2002 15:54:25 +0200

On Wednesday, May 1, 2002, at 01:53 , Robin Siebler wrote:

> Let me prefice this by saying that I haven't used a Mac in 5 years and I
> haven't used MPW in over 5 years.  With that said, here is what I am
> trying
> to do:  I have some command-line tools that run in MPW.  I would like to
> create some automated scripts to test these CLT's.  Is MacPython the
> right
> tool for this?  If not, what would be?

You could use MacPython with the mpwsystem module (in :Mac:Contrib) and
the toolserver, but it would probably be a bit convoluted. Somebody did
an MPW version of Python a long long time ago, but I'm pretty sure that
that isn't maintained anymore (i.e. macpythonistas who know anything
about this: please speak up!).

And the chance of anyone picking up MPW-python nowadays, with MPW as
good as dead, is minimal...
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -