[Pythonmac-SIG] Tk on OS 9?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 01:06:38 +0200

On zaterdag, juni 29, 2002, at 02:42 , Dan Shafer wrote:

> Ok, I may have to drop back to OS 9 from OS X to create an app
> for a client. What is the state/viability of Tk on Classic? And
> are there any GUI IDE kinds of tools other than the one that
> comes with Python on OS 9 from Just that I should check out?

I wouldn't touch OS9 Tkinter with a ten foot pole, especially
not if it's for a client. OS9 Tk development has halted, and
non-Carbon MacPython development has halted. And the people with
the know-how are all very busy with OSX Tk and Python:-)

I heard that OS9 wxPython still had someone working on it, does
anyone know how far this is, and whether it'll continue to live
for a while longer?

But what might be the most sensible thing to do is convince your
client that life will be a lot simpler if he moves to OSX...
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -