[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Python and LabVIEW (yet another thought)

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 00:05:38 +0200

On vrijdag, juni 21, 2002, at 11:41 , Marcus H. Mendenhall wrote:

> OK, I went ahead and looked at the source for the PyMac stuff
> to see whether this type of solution is feasible.  The problem
> probably arises even earlier in the startup process than
> setting up the console handlers, since init_common initializes
> all the Mac toolbox stuff, even in the fully embedded
> (faceless) case.

This is already possible. Alexandre Parenteau did this for
MacCVS, if I'm not mistaken. He's apparently busy right now
(otherwise he would probably have jumped in already) but look in
the archives (probably around half a year ago).

Actually, looking at the code, the only thing init_mac_world()
does for Carbon MacPython is call InitCursor(). Could this
really be the problem?
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -