[Pythonmac-SIG] mysqldb on mach-o python?

Ross M Karchner ross@karchner.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:34:05 -0400

Has anyone been able to build mysqldb on OS X? I am using the binary
mach-o python distributed by the people doing the wxPython port, version
2.2.1

I try to build it and get this output:

sudo python setup.py build
Password:
running build
running build_py
not copying CompatMysqldb.py (output up-to-date)
not copying _mysql_exceptions.py (output up-to-date)
not copying MySQLdb/__init__.py (output up-to-date)
not copying MySQLdb/converters.py (output up-to-date)
not copying MySQLdb/connections.py (output up-to-date)
not copying MySQLdb/cursors.py (output up-to-date)
not copying MySQLdb/sets.py (output up-to-date)
not copying MySQLdb/times.py (output up-to-date)
not copying MySQLdb/constants/__init__.py (output up-to-date)
not copying MySQLdb/constants/CR.py (output up-to-date)
not copying MySQLdb/constants/FIELD_TYPE.py (output up-to-date)
not copying MySQLdb/constants/ER.py (output up-to-date)
not copying MySQLdb/constants/FLAG.py (output up-to-date)
not copying MySQLdb/constants/REFRESH.py (output up-to-date)
not copying MySQLdb/constants/CLIENT.py (output up-to-date)
running build_ext
building '_mysql' extension
gcc -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -no-cpp-precomp
-fno-common -dynamic -I/usr/include/mysql
-I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.2/include/python2.2 -c
_mysql.c -o build/temp.darwin-5.5-Power Macintosh-2.2/_mysql.o
unable to execute gcc: No such file or directory

I am able to get the gcc command to work by hand by removing the -c and
escaping the space in Power Macintosh--2.2 with a backslash. If someone
has a way to skip the build process, make it work, or simply has a link
to a precompiled version I can drop in, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance,

-Ross