[Pythonmac-SIG] RE: [wxPython-mac] Status of wxPython on OS-9 ?

François Granger fgranger@mac.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 01:46:25 +0200

At 22:40 +0200 24/07/02, in message [Pythonmac-SIG] RE:
[wxPython-mac] Status of wxPython o, Stefan Csomor wrote:
>Hi
>
>wxMac is already fully carbonized there's nothing more to do there, I've
>once in spring compiled the extensions for Python on classic mac os /
>carbon, and basically it was running although there were quite a few
>bugs ;-) I am not sure how much interest on the classic side remains,
>since till then nobody asked for it once we had it running under OSX.
>But if there is still interest I'll dig out my notes and attempt a
>rebuild...

Ho, yes, please do !

I have not been vocal on this matter since:
1) for me it is a hobby
2) I was feeling that nobody was willing to listen to the fact that
OSX force you to change your hardware and OS 9 was here for a long
time.....

I am currently working on PythonCard. It needs wxPython. To be able
to work on it, I bought RealPC and installed it with Windows 98. This
is a rela pain on a G4/400 B&W with 128 MB of memory......

Being able to run PythonCard native on a Mac with OS9 would be a real
good news.
--
François Granger
fgranger@mac.com please replace this adress with fgranger@altern.org