[Pythonmac-SIG] Extensions for static versus frame

Bob Ippolito bob@redivi.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:55:56 -0400

Maybe someone should write a readline-like interface using curses or
libedit ?
(

http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/darwin/1.2/source/apsl/Libcurses-23.
tar.gz

http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/darwin/1.2/source/apsl/Libedit-18.
tar.gz
)

Both of these should be BSD.  Though it's a bit old, there's apparently
also a drop-in replacement for the readline module that uses libedit.
(

http://www.python.org/ftp/python/contrib-09-Dec-1999/Misc/editline.README
)

I'd really hate to not have readline-like functionality because of a
silly licensing issue.

-bob