[Pythonmac-SIG] Private frameworks

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:56:46 +0200

Bob and Bill,
if I understand your comments correctly you *must* use the
@executable_path trick to use a private framework, is that right?

I was hoping that the trick used by Python to locate the framework while
in the build directory could somehow be used for the private framework
situation too. (Python links to the framework by relative name, i.e.
Python.framework, in stead of the normal
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework. This works because there's a
search path for frameworks, and I think it should also solve the
situation where the framework is stored in ~/Library in stead of
/Library, etc)
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -