[Pythonmac-SIG] Name that Python

bill fancher fancher@pacbell.net
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 14:55:46 -0700

On Sunday, July 21, 2002, at 01:14  PM, Just van Rossum wrote:

> Jack Jansen wrote:
>
> [BuildApplication-like functionality]
>> but packages may need a bit of extra work). The remaining
>> problem is stuffing Python.framework into the .app bundle. This
>> should be doable, if I understand the Apple documentation
>> correctly, by putting it in PrivateFrameworks or
>> SharedFrameworks or some such place, but I've never tried this.
>
> I tried this and I couldn't get it to work: the Python.framework could
> not be
> found, no matter where I parked it inside the .app bundle. Anyone have a
> clue?

You need a library with a relative install_name. There's an
install_name_tool that lets you fiddle with it. The name should locate the
framework relative to the application executable, e.g.
"@executable_path/../Frameworks". Dyld replaces the "@executable_path"
part with the actual path at runtime.

--
bill