[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [wxPython-mac] More feedback questions

Kevin Ollivier guess-who@kevin-masako.com
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 22:32:44 -0400

Hi Robin,

For #1, my vote is to just do wxPythonMacOSX for the Mac OS X port, and
wxPythonMac for Carbon MacPython (I think Stefan's build in Feb. is
still the current one for this platform). Then just add a note for the
OS X port that it requires MachoPython.

A thought I had (Jack, I hope you're listening =), what do you guys
think about changing the name for "MachoPython" to MacPythonX while
MacPython undergoes the Carbon -> OS X only transition? I think the name
makes it clearer that it's OS X only, and its probably a bit easier to
remember as well for those not compiling Mac software. =) Also, is the
wxPython  Sourceforge site the only place MachoPython is available for
download?

For #2 and #3, both work for me!

Thanks,

Kevin