[Pythonmac-SIG] Anyone willing to put documentation into the Python.framework?

bill fancher fancher@pacbell.net
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:20:42 -0700

On Wednesday, July 10, 2002, at 02:23  PM, Jack Jansen wrote:

> There's a work package that is pretty much self-contained, and that I'd
> like to offer here for volunteers, and that's getting the Python
> documentation into a form that is suitable for inclusion in
> Python.framework, and getting it accessible with (aaarrrgggghhh:-) Help
> Viewer, etc.

I'll see your arg "aaarrrgggghhh", and raise you one. Current Help Viewer
is a disgrace.

> This is mainly a question of digging up the Apple documentation on the
> format needed, which I've seen once but haven't found again (it's mainly
> html files with a naming convention and some sort of index file), and
> finding out how to create these html files from either the python
> documentation TeX source, or maybe even the documentation in html form.
>
> Any takers?

I've done it before with the HTML stuff. Not a big deal. I'd be happy to
cobble a script to build something workable. Is there a deadline?

--
bill