[Pythonmac-SIG] modules

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.nl
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:52:35 +0100

On Wednesday, January 30, 2002, at 08:08  PM, Rob Managan wrote:

> I have been out of touch with Python changes since about 1.5.
>
> Where is the best place and way to build modules I am going to
> write for my own use?
>
> Should I learn to use distutils or just dive back into doing it
> directly with Codewarrior?

Both, probably:-)

For development straight CodeWarrior is easier, as you can more
easily set debug flags, profiling, the module browser, etc. But
eventually you should use distutils, so you might as well start
with that and once it has generated your project file work with
that for debugging.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -