[Pythonmac-SIG] Locale on MacOS 9

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.nl
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:55:16 +0100

On Wednesday, January 23, 2002, at 01:07  AM, Kevin Altis wrote:
> Does the locale module work correctly under MachoPython?

Not really. /usr/share/locales as shipped by Apple is hopelessly
incomplete. This may be because they feel the native APIs are
superior to the BSD setlocale() and friends, but it would be
nice if there was a compatible workaround.

If someone wants to put some effort into getting the locale
module to work on MacOSX (and maybe even OS9: I think the APIs
are available there too) that would be very welcome.

http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -