Good news thanks to Jack (was: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Fourth attempt at Carbon Tkinter

Christian Ebert blacktrash@gmx.net
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:10:25 +0100

Martin Miller at 22:58 on Saturday, January 19, 2002:

> At 01:12:12 +0100 19/01/02, Francois Granger <fgranger@altern.org>
> wrote:
> > At 0:30 +0100 19/01/02, in message Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Fourth attempt
> > at Carbon Tkinter, Jack Jansen wrote:
> > >I now present you the fourth, and hopefully final, version of
> > >_tkinter.carbon.slb at http://www.cwi.nl/ftp/jack/python/mac/newer.

[...]

> > IT WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well ... almost. The good news is that it apparently finds
tcl and opens the trial Hello World window. Ahem. The bad
news is that after that there is a freeze. Escape works if
applied two times - btw. I also need two clicks to close the
window in classic config.

> > Thanks a lot for all the hard work you put into MacPython for those
> > of us wich will not switch to MacOS X before some time.
>
> I wish to second all of the above sentiments,

Almost all.

> especially the "thanks a
> lot".

A real whole lot. - Important: For me this is _not_ urgent,
I just wanted to give feedback.

Bad guy Christian