[Pythonmac-SIG] rewritten documentation for OSA

Michael J. Barber mjb@uma.pt
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:16:27 +0000

On Saturday, January 19, 2002, at 11:53  PM, John W Baxter wrote:

> At 11:25 +0000 1/19/2002, Michael J. Barber wrote:
>> [when did the Dialect files go away?]
> A very good AppleScript information source is Bill Cheeseman's
> AppleScript
> Sourcebook
> http://www.applescriptsourcebook.com/

That is an excellent site. I wish I'd known about that when I working
more with AppleScript.

> [it went away with AppleScript 1.4.0]
> The demise of English Dialect falls into my "too long ago to bother
> remembering, so I'll look it up" category.

The dialect file failed the "turn the key and she goes" test for me; it
is the sort of thing that I've never had call to worry about. Apart from
regenerating the Standard Suites for Python use (which I've only done
once, just to see), I can't imagine where I'd need to be concerned about
it. That said, adding in this detail fills in the last substantive point
for the OSA doc, so thank you very much.

New version is at
<http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~mjbarber/applescript.html>. Comments are,
of course, still welcome!