[Pythonmac-SIG] Python/XDarwin/Tkinter on OS X 10.1

Bob Ippolito bob@redivi.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:52:01 -0500

Without fink, there's my package that doesn't depend on xfree at all
that I put together when I decided to port pygame to OS X.
It's available at: http://redivi.com/~bob/

It's kinda hefty because all debug symbols and development headers for
all the frameworks are included, and it includes a slew of stuff, but it
covers more or less anything you could need for general python stuff (at
least, more or less everything I use).

The installer is readily available and has been reported working by a
bunch of people other than myself... but to my surprise IE and Stuffit
truncate filenames to 31 characters or so.. so you'll have to
download/rename and untar with something other than stuffit.  I will be
making a new package with a shorter name and such in the coming few
weeks when/if I get my altivec optimizations (don't worry, it won't
break G3 support) for SDL finished and possibly even a few into Numeric
and/or PIL when I'm at it.  For any of you that like low level bit
twiddling (or have a thirst for performance), and can grok C.. I highly
suggest learning how to use the altivec instructions.

-bob