[Pythonmac-SIG] Newbie Question: xstat() function?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.nl
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:19:41 +0100

On Thursday, January 17, 2002, at 04:12  AM, Martin Miller wrote:

> I have a dumb newbie question. The documentation at
> <http://www.python.org/doc/current/mac/module-mac.html> for the
> MacPython mac module says:
>
> ==snip==
>> One additional function is available:
>>
>> xstat(path)
>>        This function returns the same information as stat(),
>> but with three additional values appended: the size of the
>> resource fork of the file and its
>>        4-character creator and type.
> ==snip==
>
> However the xstat() function does not appear to be available in either
> the "mac" or "os" module that is distributed with MacPython 2.2.

Well, yes and no. mac.xstat() is still available under PPC
MacPython but not under Carbon MacPython. I should update the
documentation, could you file a bugreport please?
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -