[Pythonmac-SIG] Menus for wxPythonMac

Kevin & Masako Ollivier guess-who@kevin-masako.com
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 16:22:10 -0500

Sorry for the cross-posting, but I thought I'd cover all my bases! =)

I'll briefly explain where I'm at. I'm using the Carbon version of Python
2.2, along with wxWindows and wxPython on OS X 10.1.2. I've pulled all the
sources from CVS. Everything compiles, and so far I've been able to run
wxPython scripts with a limited degree of success. However, the major
problem is that I'm still having troubles with the menus. When I load a
wxPython script in Python, Python's menubars stay active and the menus
created by the script are nowhere to be found. Has anyone else experienced
this?

Also, when I run the script it does not open as a separate application in OS
X. All windows are listed as child windows of the Python application. I'm
wondering if these two issues are related. wxPython may not be able to
modify Python's menus, and since it does not have its own application, it
has no way of showing its own menus. Does this make sense? I admit I'm
pretty new to Mac programming, and as such I'm a bit stuck as to what can be
done about this problem. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Kevin