[Pythonmac-SIG] PyEval_InitThreads in MacPython 2.2 - maybe I should rephrase my question

Marcel Prastawa prastawa@cs.unc.edu
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:30:46 -0500

On Thursday, February 21, 2002, at 09:20 , Paul Miller wrote:

> I desperately need to get PyEval_InitThreads, AcquireThread,
> ReleaseThread, etc, working, in order to make use of multiple
> interpreters. I am using the various functions from ceval.h on Windows
> but with MacPython 2.2 they are disabled because WITH_THREADS seemed to
> be undefined. Is this intentional, am I using the configuration wrong, or
> something else? I want to use the PythonCoreCarbon that comes with the 2.
> 2 installer, so I am hoping there is something simple I am missing.

This is probably not the kind of answer you want...

The functions you listed are available in UNIX/Mach-O Python. I guess that
this is a configuration issue. If it's really urgent, you could probably
try switching to UNIX Python temporarily or rebuilding MacPython.

Marcel