[Pythonmac-SIG] Python releases compile "statistics" on OS X

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:44:39 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I had some fun over the last weekend reformatting my Mac,
who went suddenly nuts - which is a nice opportunity to do
some things from plain scratch... (especially if you did a
backup on a brand new disk the day before :-/).

Therefor I decided to ignore fink for a while, as it turned out it
was about to install some 500 MB for X Windows and friends.
Maybe there is a way to tell fink to force-install only what it is
expected to, but I don't care for now.

I then had some fun compiling a whole lot of Python relea-
ses on MacOS X, including 1.5.2,  2.0.1, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.2 and
the fresh CVS one - all from SF or Python.org (1.5.2) and on
a box in almost virgin state.

The result is that only the CVS version (2.3a0) compiles flaw-
lessly with a vanilla configure / make (which isn't surprising
for 1.5.2 and maybe 2.0)! If anybody insists I can assemble
some log files for reviewing...

Dinu