[Pythonmac-SIG] XML with OS X.2 cmd-line python

David Eppstein eppstein@ics.uci.edu
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 00:00:49 -0800

What is the simplest method of getting an XML parser working under the
OS X.2 command-line Python?  It looks like either xml.parsers.expat or
xml.sax will meet my needs, but neither seems to work out of the box --
expat claims that pyexpat is missing (which from a little googling seems
to mean that the expat lib couldn't be found when Apple built their
Python version) and sax claims it doesn't have any parsers (for same
reason?).

The answer I'm hoping for would be something like "download this, run
that install script, and it will put files in
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/some-directory/".  I can handle more
complex install procedures but answers involving files placed elsewhere
than site-packages are problematic from the point of view of getting a
standalone app running under pyobjc.

--
David Eppstein       UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science
eppstein@ics.uci.edu http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/