[Pythonmac-SIG] Metrowerks-buildable Carbon/PEF/CFM MacPython in CVS?

Dan Brotsky dev@brotsky.com
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 15:43:53 -0800

On Saturday, December 28, 2002, at 02:09  PM, Jack Jansen wrote:
> On zaterdag, dec 28, 2002, at 09:33 Europe/Amsterdam, Dan Brotsky
> wrote:
>> Are the CVS sources still supposed to be buildable using Metrowerks
>> as a Carbon/PEF/CFM app?  Is there any planned date for this to stop
>> working?
> Yes, it definitely is, and 2.3 will definitely come out as a CFM app
> too. After that: I don't know. I find that I spend less and less time
> in OS9 (actually hardly any at all, since Jaguar), so after 2.3 things
> become unclear.

Thanks for the info.  I also find I don't run OS 9 at all anymore.

>  Do note that MacPython-OS9 will probably continue to be built with
> CodeWarrior 7: there is little incentive for me to upgrade to 8, and
> the price tag is non-negligible.

When I try to compile under MW8 I run into some issues with the latest
GUSI release using obsolete MW7 preprocessor defines (such as
GENERATINGCFM), so I'll probably fall back to MW7 and try again.

I'm trying to compile using the latest GUSI release (2.2.3).  Is there
a different GUSI version I should be using?

     dan