[Pythonmac-SIG] IDLE / PythonIDE

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 20:19:33 -0800

Tried the new CVS version --  every app  I try now works. Sorry about
that.
Will try to break something asap.

By the way, make test tells me

199 tests OK.
1 test failed:
     test_locale
24 tests skipped:
     test_al test_bsddb3 test_cd test_cl test_curses test_dl
     test_email_codecs test_gdbm test_gl test_imgfile test_largefile
     test_linuxaudiodev test_mpz test_nis test_normalization
     test_ossaudiodev test_pep277 test_poll test_socket_ssl
     test_socketserver test_sunaudiodev test_unicode_file test_winreg
     test_winsound
1 skip unexpected on darwin:
     test_ossaudiodev

If this is surprising, I'll send details.

I do have gdbm, gmp, libdl from fink -- I guess they are not found/used.

And the build continues to try to build a dl module, and then complains
dlopen and friends are not found. This is possibly because I have
libdl.dylib in /sw/lib and /opt/local/lib and even /usr/local/lib -- and
dlfcn.h in the corresponding include directories.

===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 9432 Boelter Hall, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu

           No matter where you go, there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai
                    http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/sounds/nomatter.au