[Pythonmac-SIG] I stand corrected on BBEdit Python Filters

Daniel Lord daniellord@earthlink.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:09:44 -0800

Just, Chris

BBEdit 7 works the same way. I just type a word or two on the new line
and then use cmd-[ to left shift the indent of that line one
tab-equivalent. Awkward work-around, but it works. There has to be text
on the line though. otherwise cmd-[ rests the line position to the
left-most character position in the file.

I suppose they just didn't re-work their "smart" (perhaps 'dull' is
more like it ;-) indenting code to allow de-indenting. Based on the
comments in a forum I saw (versontracker maybe?) they are getting a bit
of heat over this--maybe we'll see a fix soon ;-)

Daniel