[Pythonmac-SIG] CVS users beware: macfs is gone...

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 00:33:49 +0100

People building Python from CVS should beware: the macfs module, our
old and loyal friend, is gone and has been replaced by a pure Python
module of the same name. The new macfs uses functionality from
Carbon.File and others to try and be an almost-100%-compatible
replacement, please let me know of any problems.
MACFS is also gone, the constants are now in macfs. When you import
macfs, though, it does also register itself in sys.modules as MACFS as
well (so you don't immideately have to fix all your "import MACFS"
statements.

There's still a few loose ends to be fixed (macfsn will be integrated
in macfs, hfsplus will probably disappear), but as 2.3a1 is imminent
please let me know ASAP about any trouble you have with the new setup.

The new macfs module, by the way, is also a nice showcase of the new
functionality that you can subclass objects from the Carbon group of
modules. NIIIIFTYYYYYYYYY! (well, *I* think it's nifty:-)
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -