[Pythonmac-SIG] newbie osx question

Mark Day mday@mac.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:05:57 -0800

On Wednesday, December 18, 2002, at 02:54  PM, bsmith wrote:

> the path at the top of my file is #!/usr/bin/python so i'm not sure
> where the usr/local/bin/python is coming from.

BBEdit (at least some older versions) seemed to assume python was
installed at /usr/local/bin/python.  I think the current 7.0.1 version
knows to look at /usr/bin/python on Mac OS X 10.2.x systems.  As a
workaround, you could do the following in Terminal:
	sudo ln -s /usr/bin/python /usr/local/bin/python
You may need to create /usr/local and /usr/local/bin directories first,
if they don't exist.

That might also make Python filters work, too.  (They include a sample
ROT13 filter in Python, and I've done a few of my own.  However, I also
have the current CVS version of python installed at
/usr/local/bin/python.)

-Mark