[Pythonmac-SIG] COM for macintosh?

François Granger francois.granger@free.fr
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 21:38:41 +0100

At 11:46 -0500 14/12/2002, in message [Pythonmac-SIG] COM for
macintosh?, Robert Avery wrote:
>Is there something equivalent on macintosh on Python to Window's COM module
>that allows python to talk to Excel?  If so, where can I download it?

It is called OSA. AppleScript is it most well known implementation.

It is available in two forms, direct AppleScript in Python or an OSAm module.

Have a look to this recent annoucement:

======================================
Written quickly and only tested a bit, so there are probably bugs.
Seems to work ok, though.

One caveat: OSATools uses pipes to talk to osascript and friends. In
other words, it won't work with MacPython just yet, you need a Unix
python.

Anyone who is interested can get it here:
<http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~mjbarber/OSATools.tgz>

--
Recently using MacOSX.......