[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem with module linking

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:47:19 +0100

On Tuesday, Dec 10, 2002, at 19:26 Europe/Amsterdam, Nicholas Riley
wrote:
> % python
> Python 2.2.2 (#14, Nov 30 2002, 15:47:39)
> [GCC 3.1 20020420 (prerelease)] on darwin
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> ImportError: Failure linking new module

First check that the python you're using is indeed a framework-python
and not a static python (then you would pull in a second copy of the
interpreter from Python.framework, and all sorts of nasty things could
happen).

Second try setting the DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES environment variable, which
will cause the dynamic loader to tell you what it is doing. You might
also try to set DYLD_TRACE, but I never used it. See "man dyld" for
details.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -