[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem with module linking

Nicholas Riley njriley@uiuc.edu
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:43:17 -0600

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:37:07AM -0800, Chris Barker wrote:

> On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 10:26 AM, Nicholas Riley wrote:
> >Traceback (most recent call last):
> >  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> >ImportError: Failure linking new module
> >
> >As you can see, I can import one module OK, but the second one fails.
> >My guess is it's something related to the linker, but I don't know
> >anything about how Python loads modules.  This works fine on other
> >platforms for other people.
>
> Is any of this in C++? if so, see the message I just posted.

I guess I should mention that the first module to be imported works
fine:

>>> import _ra
>>> dir(_ra)
['SVN_RA_ABI_VERSION', '__doc__', '__file__', '__name__', 'delete_svn_ra_callbacks_t', 'delete_svn_ra_plugin_t', 'delete_svn_ra_reporter_t', 'delete_svn_ra_simple_password_authenticator_t', 'delete_svn_ra_username_authenticator_t', 'new_svn...

There's no C++ code in there, but I have no idea what SWIG might have
done.

Thanks,

--
=Nicholas Riley <njriley@uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>
        Pablo Research Group, Department of Computer Science and