[Pythonmac-SIG] Running Python scripts without full paths

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 22:14:00 -0800

At 10:34 -0800 11/30/2002, Paul Berkowitz wrote:
>I must say; it seems odd for something
>called "usr" to be computer-wide (local), but that's where it is.

I know the above is *old* (a week is, what, 15 computer years?  ;-), but I
didn't see a comment on it in the thread except for the home directory once
in /usr/... one.

Possible, but that "once" was long ago (I saw no trace of it in 1992 when I
started "Unixing").

usr, at least now, can be thought of as "Unix system resources" and the
only thing it has to do with  users is that it is really easy to type /user
instead of /usr.

It must be easy to create that typo, I do it several times a week.  ;-(

  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA