[Pythonmac-SIG] Extending python

Daniel Lord dmlsj@yahoo.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 16:36:17 -0800

Matt,

Just to be clear: when I pointed you to the tutorial on the Python web
site and said simple extensions in C worked with 10.2.2 for me, I
should mention I am using Python 2.3a from CVS in a framework install
on 10.2.2. I have not tried either of the two IDEs,Code Warrior or
Project Builder--why bother?, nor have I succeeded, though I tried, in
building with gcc from the command line and a make file. libtool
generates errors about undefined objects during link no matter what
flags I tried--I obviously don't know the magic command string. If I
ever find the time, I'll try and disect distutils on OS X to find out
the secret.

-Daniel