[Pythonmac-SIG] How long until OS X Python is ready for prime time?

Paul Berkowitz berkowit@silcom.com
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 14:07:42 -0800

On 12/3/02 1:41 PM, "Jack Jansen" <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com> wrote:

> Cross-platform is out of the question with Cocoa, though. If that is
> important to you you'll have to wait for either MacPython-OSX 2.2 or
> MacPython-OSX 2.3, both scheduled to go to alfa in another month. (The
> difference is that 2.2 will build on the Apple's pre-installed
> /usr/bin/python).

Jack,

Didn't you say on your website that MacPython-OSX 2.3 would be "uniting" the
Apple pre-installed version with MacPython? (What does "uniting" mean?)
Presumably that would be for a later version of OS X - OS 10.3 perhaps?

Is there any chance that MacPython-OSX 2.2 would give Python scripters more
versatility in writing Python without I exceeding what users with the
standard 2.2 install have for running the resulting scripts? Or is that what
might come with 2.3?

--
Paul Berkowitz