[Pythonmac-SIG] Database engine

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 22:24:30 +0100

On maandag, dec 2, 2002, at 18:21 Europe/Amsterdam, Fran=E7ois Granger=20=

wrote:

> On the Spambayes mailing list there was a discussion about the quality=20=

> of
> the current bsddb database engine on Windows platforms. I was asked =
the
> question of how it is on Mac OS9 side. All I could say is that anydbm=20=

> rely
> on gdbm. But I don't know which engine it is.
>
> Anyone knows a little on this ?

It's the gdbm engine. This is a GNU database engine of approximately=20
10-12 years old. It used to be popular in its day, but nowadays most=20
people seem to prefer bsddb. But gdbm was reasonably easy to port to=20
MacOS9, and I never looked at bsddb afterwards.
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com>       =20
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -